Cannot update virus signature database in ESET (6.x)
This tutorial demonstrates how to clear the update cache in ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus to resolve errors while downloading the latest virus signature database update. You can read a full Knowledgebase article on this topic here:
1. Verify that your Internet connection is active by visiting the ESET home page. If you do not have an active Internet connection, you will need to restore your connection before you can activate your ESET product or receive virus signature database updates.
2. Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
3. Press F5 to open Advanced setup.
4. Expand Update → General, click Clear and then click OK.
5. Restart your computer.
6. Open the main program window and click Update → Update now.