Exclude files or folders from scanning in ESET Windows home products
This video demonstrates how to exclude specific applications, folders or detections from Real-time file system protection and all scan activity (Startup scan, On-access scanning, and Computer (On-demand) scanning). You can read a full Knowledgebase article on this topic here:
1. Open the main program window of your ESET Windows product.
2. Press the 'F5' key to access Advanced setup.
3. Click 'Detection Engine' and click 'Edit' next to 'Performance Exclusions'.
Version 12 and earlier: Click 'Detection Engine' and click 'Edit' next to 'Files and folders to be excluded from scanning'.
4. Click 'Add' → 'Browse' (...).
5. Use the directory tree to browse for the file or folder you want to exclude, select it, and then click 'OK'.
6. Click 'OK' → 'OK' to save the exclusion.