How to Change Windows XP Start Menu Text
H0LY.J3SUS (Webmaster) shows us a little trick on how to edit the start menu text on windows XP.
**I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU SCREW YOUR COMPUTER UP. THIS IS VERY EASY, AND REQUIRES LITTLE SKILL, BUT IF YOU SOMEHOW SCREW UP DO NOT COMPLAIN TO ME.
Resource Hacker: http://angusj.com/resourcehacker/
Text Summary of Video Tutorial
- Open Resource Hacker
- Go to: File-Open-C:/WINDOWS/Explorer.exe and open it
- Click the plus next to the 37 folder, and click on the green icon with the text 1033
- Edit the start text to whatever you want.
- Click Compile Script then file save as (name you want.exe)
- Close Resource Hacker and go to Start-Run
- Type regedit to bring up the registry editor
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Winlogon
- Open the file called shell and replace the text that says explorer.exe to the exe you created in Resource Hacker
- Close Registry and Restart.