How to remove Windows 8 and install Windows 7
Blog post: http://lowendguru.com/2016/03/....remove-windows-8-ins
Here I show how to remove the Win8 that comes with the Acer Aspire One 756 and replace it with a Win7 from USB drive.
The BIOS has to be correctly set up to allow "Legacy BIOS" boot mode.
Also, the Win8 GPT protection has to be removed when the installer reaches the point of having to select the partition where Win7 will be installed. You will se a message saying something like "windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style"
To do so you have to press Shift + F10 and a console will show up. In the console you can call the "diskpart" command to use the disk partition utility. Use the following commands:
- To see a list of available disks:
- To select a disk (I'm using 0 as the disk number in my example):
select disk 0
- To see available partitions:
- To remove all partitions from the selected disk and also remove the GPT protection (WARNING: This completely deletes all partitions from the selected disk):
- You can check that the partitions where deleted by listing the partitions again:
To learn how to prepare the USB drive with the Win7 installer check my other video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHk1zF...
For more tutorials go to: http://www.lowendguru.com